Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Passive Investors Have No Control Over Their Investments?

Fellow Young Professional DD brought the article entitled "Why Business Smarts Are Investing Smarts" by Robert Kiyosaki to my attention today. Please take a moment to read the entire article and see how it makes you feel.

If you are like the Young Professionals, index fund investors for the most part, is this article sort of insulting in a way? Do you believe that the mantra of "work hard, save money, get out of debt, invest for the long term, and diversify" means that we have less control over our investments? While I don't totally disagree with what Robert is saying, I just am not sure that it came across correctly, maybe I am just reading too much into it. In an ideal world, we would all have tons of time and money, we could all become great business people and then we could have total control over our investments...but how many regular people have these luxuries? I know that I don't, so for me, I will continue to "work hard, save money, get out of debt, invest for the long term, and diversify."
Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing