Friday, December 16, 2005

Back from vacation

I got back from my vacation in the Bahamas on Wedensday and realized something. Now that I have been looking at my finances more closely, I am becoming cheap. This is new for me, I am one of the last people that anyone would call cheap, but I guess I am a changed man now.

My wife and I had extra vacation days left that we had to use and we got a great deal on airfare for the trip so we decided to go for a week. The airline tickets were only $9...that's right, it isn't a typo. $9!!! It was an online deal through Spirit airlines. I had never heard of them before, but they were really good. Nice comfortable leather seats, plenty of room, beverages, and good service. Not what I expected for $9. Then we used Priceline to get the hotel. We stayed at the British Colonial Hilton, which was very nice (until we saw Atlantis of course). So far, we were on our way to a nice cheap vacation.

That is until we saw how much food and drinks cost there. WOW!!! I realize that it is a tourist area, but when I paid $3 for a can of soda and $5.50 for a can of beer, I almost cried. So, we ended up just hanging out on the hotel beach and then trying to find the cheapest dinner that we could find at night. Even that was difficult, burgers down there were about $20. We even thought of going to Sandals (all inclusive resort) for a day for $70 a person, but even that sounded too expensive, so we didn't go.

Overall, we did have a great time. Sunny and 80 every day. Hopefully, my new found frugality will translate into an increase in my net worth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is an enormous Breitling , weighing almost a pound, and 49mm in diameter- a lot of Bentley Motors will have a heavy head, but the 'stainless steel' bands will feel light in comparison. The Bentley Motors T is heavy all over. The main thing to look for in a Navitimer Watches Bentley is the logo- most replicas will have the logo simply printed on the face.

But now, you have the alternative for these expensive shoes and these are the Christian Shoes . When you want the very best but don't have the money for Christian Louboutin Pumps then you must go on and get the Christian Louboutin Boots . These Christian Louboutin Sandals will not only offer you classiness and the ultimate in chic but the best of quality.

This Coach bags is nationwide and spreading exponentially overseas in 18 other countries selling Coach Gallery prominent line of luggage, Coach Hamptons , briefcases, and tons of other Coach Legacy that you could enjoy.

7/19/2010 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing