Sunday, January 29, 2006

Make Sure to Get All of Your Money

Just a reminder to all my IBM co-workers to be sure to get all of your money from our health care reimbursements. This year they made it a little more difficult to get those reimbursements. Last year we had a reimbursement for non-smokers which was easy to get and a physical activity rebate where you needed to log a certain amount of minutes of physical activity each week for 12 weeks.

The new plan ditches the non-smoker reimbursement in favor of a preventative care rebate. This new rebate is much more time consuming than last year when I just checked a box stating that I am not a smoker. With the preventative care plan, you will have to take a quiz about your health and then it gives you some general results about your overall health and what you need to be aware of and what you need to check on. Then you have to set a date by which you promise to visit your doctor for a preventative care check-up. Then you can sign-up to get the rebate. This process took me almost an hour to get through...not including the time that my preventative care doctor's visit will take.

The second reimbursement again takes the form of a physical activity rebate, but with some changes. Now, instead of just working out for a certain amount of time each week, you have to work out for at least 30 minutes 4 days each week for 12 weeks. This creates a small problem for me as I HATE working out. I easily meet the time requirements as I play basketball 2 days a week for a minimum of 3 hours total, but I do not workout 4 days a week. I am not yet sure what I am going to need to do to get over this hurdle, but I assume that it will involve starting to go to the gym after work. Bummer.

Point is, this is basically a free $300 from IBM...make sure that you don't forget to get it.
Do other companies have similar rebates or is it just us?
Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing