Do you look forward to going to work every day or do you dread every weekday morning? The article from the New York Daily News entitled "Love Your Work: Overcoming Dissatisfaction" takes a look at how people feel about their jobs. I agree with what they say and I sometimes feel bored and dissatisfied at my job...but overall, I enjoy my job. You know what makes it even better to me? The wonderful paycheck and the great friends that I have at work. The social aspect is one of the things that they say helps job satisfaction. Here are the rest of the tips to love your job.
- Find the flow so that you are so into your work that you aren't looking at the clock every ten minutes.
- Find job security so that you are not worried about losing your job every month.
- Don't be low on the totem pole. You will feel less satisfied at work if you feel that everyone is earning more than you.
- Be social...people tend to enjoy work more when they have friends there.
- Aim for autonomy since people tend to be happier when they make their own decisions and feel challenged at work.
- Insist on small freedoms. For example, we are allowed to work from home and we have flex hours also. This helps tremendously with my job satisfaction.