Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Car Concern Comments and Decision

I just wanted to thank all of the readers who left me some great advice in the comments section of my Car Concern #1 and Car Concern #2 posts. Thanks to all of you, I think that I am better. I was suffering from what is known as CarMarketersDreamitis, but luckily I have been cured. I was under their marketing spell and it was causing me to have hallucinations of me in my brand new black Mazda RX-8 speeding down the road...whoa, guess I am not fully cured quite yet.

Just kidding. Thanks to everyone's wonderful comments, I think that I have our solution. What I think that we will do is wait to get a new car for a couple more years at least. In the meantime, we will start putting some money aside each month into our Vanguard account so that we won't get hammered with multiple car payments when we do decide it is time for a new car. Then when it comes time for a new car, we will try our best to buy a used car (no promises on this one as I am usually much to neat to handle having other peoples' old stuff) to save money.

Thanks again for everyone's advice. It made us realize that there is really nothing wrong with our current cars (knock on wood that it stays this way) and that they will last quite a bit longer. You all saved us a bunch of money...it is much appreciated.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think that buying used means you're going to get a crappy messed up car. I bought mine with only 13k miles on it, and the kid I bought it from was really anal. I save $8k over buying new. Considering I put on about 25-30k miles a year, I figure I saved $8k, by having this kid drive around in my car for about 5 months.

You just have to start looking for a car before yours die - so that you can take your time, and you're not under the gun. Then you can be pickie.

3/02/2006 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice! However, I'd like to point out that very neat people sell their cars, too. No offense, but the "everything not new is dirty" mentality is something that I find annoying. Who the hell knows who sat in the driver's seat test-driving your new car?

3/02/2006 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing