Friday, March 24, 2006

Young Professionals Frugal Living Guide - Part 8

This new Frugal Living series will take a look at some of the steps that the Young Professionals use to save a little extra dough on the things that we buy.

Today's entry into the Frugal Living series deals with coupons. I know...I know, clipping coupons stinks, but you really can save some money this way. It may not be hundreds of dollars a week, or even tens of dollars a week, but it may be enough to buy some of that coffee that David Bach made you give up as your "Latte Factor". Depending on the grocery store that you shop at, you may even be able to score more savings with double coupons.

The only thing to be careful about with coupons is buying stuff that you don't need just because you can get a discount. I hear about this happening all the time, especially in my house. My wife will be going through the coupons and see a $.50 off coupon for Yummy Delicious Snack Product. She will ask if I would like her to pick them up with the coupon. Of course, I do not need any more Yummy Delicious Snack Products, but they do have a nice picture on the ad with that fun little cartoon character, so I generally cave and think that it would be a good idea to get some...you know, just in case we have guests over. So, just be careful of that with coupons.

DISCLAIMER: I should have had Mrs. RS write this post, because truthfully, she is the one that cuts the coupons.

Next: Young Professionals Frugal Living Guide - Part 9

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheheh-- funny but oh so true! That happened to me all of the time so I just gave up on using coupons.-May try again upon returning to the states. Every little bit helps!

Great Blog!

3/26/2006 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing