Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Take the profits and run...

I have mentioned before that I started out investing in stocks when I first got out of college. I got caught up in the tech boom and didn't know much about investing at the time. Now of course, I know better and am on the index fund bandwagon.

However, I do have my E*Trade account still and it does have a bunch of stocks in it that I still hold. Most are losers, but one is a pretty big winner so far.


Wind River Systems is up about 220% for me right now and I was wondering what to do with it. I was speaking with DD about it and he suggested that I at least sell some to realize those gains. He later sent me an article by Jim Cramer from TheStreet.com entitled Rule No. 1: Bulls, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered. The basic lesson that I gathered from the article is that you never know what can happen in the market, so you need to realize at least some gains before things go south and you are left with nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing