Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sharebuilder Bonus Arrived

Some may remember that I was thinking about signing up with Sharebuilder, mostly just to take advantage of their $50 bonus offer. I finally did signup in mid-April with $50 of my own money. I invested my $50 in VWO (Vanguard Emerging Markets Viper) which is at just about the same price as when I bought it. After that it was just a matter of waiting to get the $50 bonus.

Well, my $50 Sharebuilder bonus was credited to my account after about a month and it should be getting invested today. The entire process was very painless and it seems like a good service so far (although I don't have a ton of money in the account). Most of my investment money is in either E*Trade or Vanguard and I am not really interested in moving that money at this time. It isn't as though I love E*Trade, their fees are a little steep compared to many others at this point, but it will cost even more to move the money out of there, so I will keep it as is for now. Vanguard on the other hand I am a huge fan of and I would not consider moving money out of that account.
Tags:

7 Comments:

Blogger 2million said...

You may have seen this already, but I just finished transferring my etrade account to sharebuilder for a total cost of $25. I was suprised at how easy it ended up being.

By doing the partial transfer it was $25 to move all the whole shares I owned, then I transfered my cash out, then I requested they liquidate the remaining fractional shares and close the account (no charge).

5/24/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger RS said...

Thanks 2Million...I had read that. I am not having any problems right now with account fees though (I got my balance above 10k), so I just saw no real reason to move everything.

5/25/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger 2million said...

I could never keep my balance above the account minimum - when I 1st opened the account it was around $1k (or something), then they raised the minimum to $5k, now its $10k. My stock picks weren't good enough to keep up with the rising minimums ;-)

5/26/2006 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the promotion not too long ago. I was very and pleasantly surprised about how they dealt with the promotion. They even sent me emails letting me know I had qualified and fulfilled the promotions. The account seems really ideal for buy and hold, not so much for active traders though.

5/31/2006 3:40 PM  
Anonymous forex guides said...

Hi..you have a nice blog here..

forex guides

5/15/2009 5:23 PM  
Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

I really love share builder 4 dollar trades cannot be beat.

3/12/2013 8:35 PM  
Blogger Milasha said...

There are plenty of dating websites but you shouldn’t forget that you are master of your fate. It means be active and patient in your search. Just like in real life, dating in cyberspace may be hard but all the obstacles can overcome if it’s your intention. Also, if you get rejected online don’t take it personally. Just start communicating with other users. preview

3/01/2021 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing