Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sharebuilder Bonus Arrived

Some may remember that I was thinking about signing up with Sharebuilder, mostly just to take advantage of their $50 bonus offer. I finally did signup in mid-April with $50 of my own money. I invested my $50 in VWO (Vanguard Emerging Markets Viper) which is at just about the same price as when I bought it. After that it was just a matter of waiting to get the $50 bonus.

Well, my $50 Sharebuilder bonus was credited to my account after about a month and it should be getting invested today. The entire process was very painless and it seems like a good service so far (although I don't have a ton of money in the account). Most of my investment money is in either E*Trade or Vanguard and I am not really interested in moving that money at this time. It isn't as though I love E*Trade, their fees are a little steep compared to many others at this point, but it will cost even more to move the money out of there, so I will keep it as is for now. Vanguard on the other hand I am a huge fan of and I would not consider moving money out of that account.
Tags:

7 Comments:

Blogger 2million said...

You may have seen this already, but I just finished transferring my etrade account to sharebuilder for a total cost of $25. I was suprised at how easy it ended up being.

By doing the partial transfer it was $25 to move all the whole shares I owned, then I transfered my cash out, then I requested they liquidate the remaining fractional shares and close the account (no charge).

5/24/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger RS said...

Thanks 2Million...I had read that. I am not having any problems right now with account fees though (I got my balance above 10k), so I just saw no real reason to move everything.

5/25/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger 2million said...

I could never keep my balance above the account minimum - when I 1st opened the account it was around $1k (or something), then they raised the minimum to $5k, now its $10k. My stock picks weren't good enough to keep up with the rising minimums ;-)

5/26/2006 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Jason said...

I did the promotion not too long ago. I was very and pleasantly surprised about how they dealt with the promotion. They even sent me emails letting me know I had qualified and fulfilled the promotions. The account seems really ideal for buy and hold, not so much for active traders though.

5/31/2006 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your article very interesting. I am linking it back to my own blog. Bad Credit Home Loans and Mortgage - Bad Credit Home Loan

9/01/2006 8:15 AM  
Anonymous forex guides said...

Hi..you have a nice blog here..

forex guides

5/15/2009 5:23 PM  
Anonymous QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

I really love share builder 4 dollar trades cannot be beat.

3/12/2013 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing