Monday, April 03, 2006

Sharebuilder $50 Promotion

Jim from Blueprint for Financial Prosperity posted last week about a new Sharebuilder $50 promotion that I was considering trying out. My current brokerage is E*Trade and I don't really want to switch (unless Sharebuilder ends up being really great), but I don't want to pass up $50.

I need to look into Sharebuilder a little more...see if it is worth doing. Someone said you need to put money in monthly with Sharebuilder, but I don't remember reading that anywhere. I also have to see if I need to put in a certain amount in order to take advantage of this $50 deal or just open an account.

So, anyone have a Sharebuilder account? Are they any good? Is this deal worth it?
Tags:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharebuilder is ok. They don't offer a profit/loss tracking tool unless you pay a monthly fee which will KILL your profits. Also, if you need to sell it costs $15.95. If you go w/ Sharebuilder I would suggest using it only to buy ETFs or index funds that you're going to hold long term. I have a Sharebuilder account but I'm slowly moving money out of it because I want to open a Scottrade account - only $7/trade buy or sell. I'll save money.

4/03/2006 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I opened a SB account about a week ago to get the $50 bonus. They had (and may still have) a promotion to get 6 free Tuesday orders, so no $4 fee.

tim is right-- this should only be used for buying index ETFs for the long-term (which is pretty much the point of SB anyway).

4/03/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger RS said...

Great...thanks guys. I was just going to get the Vanguard EM fund with it and then just let it sit.

4/03/2006 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breitling Watches - How to Spot a Fake. Let's take keep a specific Breitling Aeromarine in mind as we assess the best ways to verify its authenticity. The Breitling Windrider is one of the most often Bentley 6.75 on the market.
Why Christian Louboutin Remains the Invincible Fashion Mogul in Shoe Design? When you think of Christian Louboutin Pumps , and the entrepreneurial spirit associated with them in the fashion world, there can be nothing better and other than the top Christian Louboutin Boots designer label itself. Every time that you buy Christian Louboutin Sandals you also know that you get top of the class quality that is the best.
Stay Chic at the Coach handbags Outlet. Isn't Coach Bonnie a very good retailer to you? Coach Wristlet , Inc happens to be a very reliable name Coach Ergo company on the market right now.

7/19/2010 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares pfblogs.org logo Performancing