MyMoneyBlog has a post about what his luxuries are in life. I often talk about saving money or ways to make money, but don't get me wrong, I love to spend money as well. It can sometimes be very difficult to try to be good with my money, retirement is a long way away and there are always lots of items that I would love to have now. So, what are some of those items that I will spend my hard earned cash on?
- Cable and TiVo - TiVo = best invention ever
- High-speed Internet - a must have at this point
- Netflix - Used to be better, throttling could kill them
- Dinner out - We go out to eat quite a bit, nothing fancy though (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesdays, etc.)
- Lunch out - I have mentioned my problems with brown-bagging it before.
- Video Games - my XBOX 360 is my baby, but I love all types of video games
- Sneakers - I love sneakers and most of you would not even believe me if I told you how many I have.
- Electronics - I love my gadgets...PDA's, Cell Phones, Cameras, TV's, Stereo's...you name it, I love it. I have gotten better about buying all the cool new gadgets, but I do still drool over them in the Best Buy circular every Sunday.
- Clothes - this one is more my wife, but a lot of it is for me. She always gets them on sale, but I must confess that we have a lot of clothes.
- Watches + Sunglasses - I used to be worse with these items, have been much better in recent years.
- Traveling - My wife and I really enjoy going on cruises and go on one a year.